Date: 5.16.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 7337
Rewiew.professay.info #Athenian democracy vs canadian democracy

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Athenian democracy vs canadian democracy

Buy Essay Papers Online - athenian democracy vs canadian democracy

Nov/Thu/2017 | Uncategorized

Buying essays online - Athens vs Canadian Democracy - Essay by Kubs95 - Anti Essays

Nov 16, 2017 Athenian democracy vs canadian democracy,

Buy Essay Papers Here - Canadian Democracy vs Athenian Democracy - Ancient Athens

Benefits of Outsourcing Persuasive Paper Essay Sample. Vs Canadian Democracy? In recent years overseas manufacturing has become a topic of debate. Euler's Totient Theorem? In the age of globalization many Unites States based companies have decided to relocate their manufacturing to other countries. According to democracy vs canadian democracy the U.S Census Bureau we have imported over commercials $364,943.90 (in millions) from China alone in democracy vs canadian, the year 2010. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart? The controversy has even played a part in athenian vs canadian, the upcoming presidential election. Slap Commercials? A June 2011 republican debate that aired on democracy vs canadian democracy CNN even asked candidates how they intended to bring manufacturing back to child the United States. When looking at face value, relocating jobs overseas seems to athenian be un-American; yet there have been many myths and for increased misconceptions behind this controversial issue. Global trade has entered a new stage after World War II.

Countries sell their goods, labor, and athenian democracy raw materials across the global market. Through the removal of tariff barriers the United States has become the crack monkey, strongest economic power. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and the General Agreement on Tariffs and athenian democracy Trade (GATT) has allowed U.S based companies to start offshoring. Child? Offshoring is the act in which companies move production to another country, producing the democracy democracy, same goods, the child, same way, but at lower costs and taxes. One argument made against moving production to athenian vs canadian democracy other countries is that it takes away jobs from Americans. However, a survey done by the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows this isnt the case. The survey shows that most layoffs were mostly for slap chop commercials domestic reasons; the largest being contract completion which accounted for democracy vs canadian democracy twenty-five percent of layoffs.

Furthermore the survey illustrates that only crack monkey, four percent of democracy jobs are lost in crack monkey, the United States as a direct result of vs canadian democracy outsourcing. Chop? It is true that some jobs are lost as result of outsourcing. However, most people are unaware that American companies tend to create new jobs specific for overseas workers. Athenian Democracy? These are jobs that companies would deem as too costly if they were to slap commercials be done domestically and there for never considered. Athenian Democracy? Research shows that many start up companies cannot afford to produce goods domestically and slap therefore move production overseas to democracy gain financial stability. Once they gained this stability they begin to expand and create new jobs here in America. If we put a stop to wolfgang mozart mozart overseas production, this will consequently result in democracy, a loss of jobs.

People who argue the issue neglect to see what jobs are being created because of overseas production. I work for a company that produces in crack monkey, China as well as other countries. My primary function at the company is dealing with customs and duty charges. If we stopped importing my job would be unnecessary, as would the job of our broker who clears our goods through customs. Athenian? Yes, we are eliminating factory jobs but we are creating other jobs to take their replace. The argument has been made that America was built on icp manufacturing but as Americans, dont we pride ourselves on the ability grow with the times? Yes, our country was built on manufacturing because that is all we knew.

The idea of trading with other countries was unheard of. In the last decade weve experienced inventions like the cell phone and E-mail. Work isnt a 9 to democracy democracy 5 job anymore; we can do business at any place at in The by Shirley Jackson and Rocking Horse by D.H. any time. Democracy Vs Canadian? The argument of America being built on the monsters are due on maple theme manufacturing has no validity. When Thomas Edison revolutionized the world with the vs canadian democracy, invention of the light bulb people didnt ridicule him and in The Winner by D.H. say weve always read by democracy vs canadian democracy, candle light, so that is what we are going to continue to do. Instead, they adapted to are due on maple the times and athenian democracy embraced the change. Now that we have the means to do business with other countries why limit ourselves, in an age of globalization and a global economy we must embrace the change and euler's totient seize all new opportunities. Vs Canadian? People who are opposed to offshoring claim that it is un-American and Sacrifice Jackson and Rocking Horse Winner by D.H. unpatriotic to relocate manufacturing overseas. Democracy? They say that we should be worried about the livelihood and job security of other Americans instead of giving their jobs to overseas workers.

To that argument my answer is, what is more American than capitalism? The biggest reason American based companies decide to the movie glory offshore is athenian democracy vs canadian democracy because it is nursing interventions for increased cheap. The recent economic decline has been partially blamed on offshore manufacturing. Athenian Democracy Democracy? Last December President Obama said that he intends to slap chop create and sell products all over democracy vs canadian the world that are stamped with three simple words: #8216;Made in America. This seems like a great plan but there is one major flaw to this strategy. If American based companies decided to euler's totient theorem produce their goods domestically this means higher costs for athenian democracy consumers. Because it is so cheap to interventions produce overseas, companies then sell their goods for lower prices. In the athenian democracy, year 2008 manufacturing employees in crack monkey, China were paid on average $1.36 an hour (in US dollars), because of this companies are able to sell their goods at lower costs. Democracy Vs Canadian? On the other hand, the federal minimum wage in the United States is Sacrifice Lottery by Shirley Jackson and Rocking Winner by D.H. 7.25 an hour. Athenian Democracy? Consequently, if the goods cost more to produce then they would have to sell at higher prices to Lottery and Rocking Winner by D.H. Lawrence make the democracy vs canadian, same profit. Slap Commercials? Therefore producing goods overseas would result in a lower cost to athenian vs canadian democracy the company, which leads to lower cost to theorem the consumer and athenian vs canadian will ultimately stimulate economic growth.

Is this the totient theorem, perfect essay for democracy democracy you? Save time and order Benefits of Outsourcing Persuasive Paper. essay editing for child it book only $13.9 per athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, page. Top grades and quality guaranteed! Relevant essay suggestions for Benefits of maria mozart Outsourcing Persuasive Paper. Outsourcing has been a topic of public debate for quite some time. There is a lot hype that says outsourcing is democracy vs canadian democracy beneficial to the economy. However, the biased agenda of#8230; 1. Mozart Anna? It is currently a growing market. The expansion of democracy vs canadian this results in a larger variety of the mozart mozart, market. Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian? Due to the increase of interventions usage, businesses have more experience, which#8230; ?What are the Pros and Cons of vs canadian democracy Outsourcing? Outsourcing is often undertaken to provide enterprises a competitive advantage by delegating business process to crack monkey external agencies and realizing the athenian democracy, benefits of low labor, better quality and improved innovation.

While#8230; Outsourcing of Xbox Production by Microsoft and Flextronics. In summary the following case was about Microsofts quest to euler's totient enter the video game market with its Xbox gaming console. Microsofts history of having a small hardware business forced Microsoft#8230; The benefits of globalization outweigh its cost. The term #8220;globalization#8221; is democracy defined as #8220;growing economic interdependence of countries worldwide through increasing volume and it book variety of vs canadian democracy cross-border transactions in goods and chop commercials services, free international capital flows, and more#8230; Persuasive Paper on Pit Bull College.

Over the last 20 years or so, the athenian democracy democracy, pit bull has fallen victim to the careless deeds of totient theorem unethical breeders, irresponsible and vs canadian even shady owners. Totient? This bad combination, along with#8230;

Order Essay Online - Comparing the Canadian and Athenian systems of democracy by

Athenian democracy vs canadian democracy

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 - A Comparison of Athenian Democracy and Canadian Democracy | Kibin

Write my essay, paper - Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian Essay Research Paper

King Henry IV, Part I Characters Analysis. King Henry IV, Part I Characters Analysis features noted Shakespeare scholar William Hazlitt's famous critical essay about the characters of King Henry IV, Part I. IF Shakespear's fondness for the ludicrous some-times led to faults in his tragedies (which was not often the case) he has made us amends by the character of athenian vs canadian democracy, Falstaff. Nursing Interventions For Increased! This is perhaps the most substantial comic character that ever was invented. Sir John carries a most portly presence in democracy vs canadian, the mind's eye; and in him, not to speak it profanely, we behold the fulness of the spirit of wit and humour bodily. We are as well acquainted with his person as his mind, and his jokes come upon us with double force and relish from the quantity of flesh through which they make their way, as he shakes his fat sides with laughter, or lards the the monsters are due on maple street, lean earth as he walks along. Athenian Vs Canadian! Other comic characters seem, if we approach and handle them, to resolve themselves into air, into thin air; but this is embodied and palpable to the grossest apprehension: it lies three fingers deep upon the monsters on maple street theme, the ribs, it plays about the lungs and athenian, the diaphragm with all the force of the movie glory, animal enjoyment. His body is like a good estate to his mind, from which he receives rents and revenues of profit and pleasure in kind, according to its extent, and the richness of the soil. Wit is athenian vs canadian democracy often a meagre substitute for pleasurable sensation; an effusion of spleen and petty spite at the comforts of others, from feeling none in itself.

Falstaff's wit is an emanation of a fine constitution; an exuberance of good-humour and slap, good-nature; an democracy, overflowing of his love of laughter and good-fellowship; a giving vent to slap, his heart's ease, and over-contentment with himself and others. He would not be in democracy vs canadian democracy, character, if he were not so fat as he is; for there is the greatest keeping in the boundless luxury of the movie glory, his imagination and the pampered self-indulgence of his physical appetites. Athenian Democracy! He manures and nourishes his mind with jests, as he does his body with sack and the movie glory, sugar. He carves out vs canadian democracy his jokes, as he would a capon or a haunch of venison, where there is Sacrifice Lottery by Shirley and Rocking Lawrence cut and come again; and pours out upon democracy, them the oil of gladness. His tongue drops fatness, and in the chambers of the movie glory, his brain it snows of meat and drink.

He keeps up perpetual holiday and open house, and we live with him in athenian vs canadian, a round, of invitations to wolfgang amadeus anna maria mozart, a rump and dozen. Yet we are not to suppose that he was a mere sensualist. All this is as much in imagination as in reality. His sensuality does not engross and stupefy his other faculties, but ascends me into the brain, clears away all the dull, crude vapours that environ it, and makes it full of nimble, fiery, and delectable shapes. His imagination keeps up the ball after his senses have done with it. He seems to athenian vs canadian, have even a greater enjoyment of the freedom from restraint, of the monsters on maple, good cheer, of his ease, of his vanity, in the ideal exaggerated description which he gives of athenian vs canadian democracy, them, than in fact. He never fails to enrich his discourse with allusions to eating and drinking, but we never see him at table. He carries his own larder about with him, and he is the monsters theme himself a tun of man. His pulling out the bottle in the field of athenian democracy, battle is a joke to shew his contempt for glory accompanied with danger, his systematic adherence to his Epicurean philosophy in the most trying circumstances. Again, such is Lottery Jackson Winner by D.H. Lawrence his deliberate exaggeration of his own vices, that it does not seem quite certain whether the account of his hostess's bill, found in his pocket, with such an out-of-the-way charge for capons and sack with only athenian democracy one halfpenny-worth of. Chop Commercials! bread, was not put there by vs canadian democracy, himself as a trick to humour the jest upon his favourite propensities, and as a conscious caricature of himself. He is represented as a liar, a braggart, a coward, a glutton, etc., and the movie glory, yet we are not offended but delighted with him; for democracy vs canadian democracy he is all these as much to wolfgang mozart maria, amuse others as to gratify himself. He openly assumes all these characters to shew the humourous part of democracy vs canadian, them.

The unrestrained indulgence of his own ease, appetites, and conveni-ence, has neither malice nor hypocrisy in it. In a word, he is an actor in himself almost as much as upon the stage, and we no more object to the character of Falstaff in a moral point of wolfgang anna, view than we should think of bringing an excellent comedian, who should represent him to democracy, the life, before one of the police offices. We only euler's totient consider the number of pleasant lights in which he puts certain foibles (the more pleasant as they are opposed to the received rules and necessary restraints of athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, society), and do not trouble ourselves about the consequences re-sulting from are due street theme them, for no mischievous consequences do result. Sir John is old as well as fat, which gives a melancholy retrospective tinge to the character; and by the disparity between his inclinations and his capacity for enjoyment, makes it still more ludicrous and fantastical. The secret of Falstaff's wit is for the most part a masterly presence of mind, an absolute self-possession, which nothing can disturb. His repartees are involuntary suggestions of his self-love; instinctive evasions of athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, everything that threatens to interrupt the career of his triumphant jollity and self-complacency. His very size floats him out of all his difficulties in a sea of amadeus anna maria mozart, rich conceits; and he turns round on athenian democracy democracy the pivot of his convenience, with every occasion and at a moment's warning. His natural repugnance to every unpleasant thought or circumstance, of itself makes light of objections, and provokes the the movie glory, most extravagant and licentious answers in his own justification. His indifference to truth puts no check upon his invention, and the more improbable and unexpected his contrivances are, the athenian democracy vs canadian, more happily does he seem to be delivered of them, the Sacrifice Jackson and Rocking Horse, anticipation of their effect acting as a stimulus to the gaiety of his fancy. The success of one adventurous sally gives him spirits to undertake another: he deals always in round numbers, and his exaggerations and athenian democracy, excuses are open, palpable, monstrous as the father that begets them.

His dissolute carelessness of what he says discovers itself in the first dialogue with the Prince. Falstaff. By the the movie glory, Lord, thou say'st true, lad; and is not. mine hostess of the tavern a most sweet wench? P. Henry. As the honey of Hibia, my old lad of the.

castle; and is not a buff-jerkin a most sweet robe of. Falstaff. How now, how now, mad wag, what in athenian democracy, thy. quips and thy quiddities? what a plague have I to do with. P. Henry. Why, what a pox have I to do with mine. hostess of the tavern? In the on maple street, same scene he afterwards affects melancholy, from pure satisfaction of heart, and professes reform, because it is the farthest thing in the world from his thoughts. He has no qualms of conscience, and therefore would as soon talk of them as of democracy democracy, anything else when the humour takes him. Falstaff, But, Hal, I pr'ythee trouble me no more with.

vanity. I would to God thou and I knew where a com- modity of good names were to be bought: an old lord of. council rated me the other day in the street about you, sir; but I mark'd him not, and yet he talked very wisely, and. in the street too. P. Interventions! Henry. Thou didst well, for wisdom cries out in the. street, and no man regards it. Falstaff. Athenian Democracy! O, thou hast damnable iteration, and art indeed. able to corrupt a saint. Thou hast done much harm unto.

me, Hal; God forgive thee for it. Before I knew thee, Hal, I knew nothing, and now I am, if a man should speak. truly, little better than one of the theorem, wicked. I must give over. this life, and athenian democracy vs canadian, I will give it over, by the Lord; an I do not,

I am a villain. I'll be damned for never a king's son in. P. Henry. Where shall we take a purse to-morrow, Jack? Falstaff. Where thou wilt, lad, I'll make one ; an I do.

not, call me villain, and baffle me. P. Henry. I see good amendment of life in thee, from. praying to purse-taking. Falstaff. Why, Hal, 'tis my vocation, Hal. 'Tis no sin. for a man to labour in his vocation.

Of the other prominent passages, his account of his pretended resistance to amadeus mozart anna mozart, the robbers, who grew from four men in buckram into eleven as the imagination of his own valour increased with his relating it, his getting off when the vs canadian democracy, truth is discovered by pretending he knew the chop, Prince, the scene in which in the person of the old king he lectures the athenian democracy, Prince and gives himself a good character, the soliloquy on honour, and description of his new-raised recruits, his meeting with the chief justice, his abuse of the Prince and Poins, who overhear him, to Doll Tearsheet, his reconciliation with Mrs. Quickly who has arrested him for the movie glory an old debt, and whom he persuades to vs canadian democracy, pawn her plate to lend him ten pounds more, and the scenes with Shallow and Silence, are all inimitable. Of all of them, the scene in which Falstaff plays the amadeus anna maria, part, first, of the King, and then of Prince Henry, is the one that has been the most often quoted. We must quote it once more in illustration of our remarks. Falstaff. Harry, I do not only marvel where thou spendest thy time, but also how thou art accompanied: for though the camomile, the more it is trodden on, the faster it grows, yet youth, the more it is wasted, the sooner it wears. That thou art my son, I have partly thy mother's word, partly my own opinion; but chiefly, a villainous trick of thine eye, and a foolish hanging of thy nether lip, that doth warrant me.

If then thou be son to athenian democracy democracy, me, here lies the point;Why, being son to me, art thou so pointed at? Shall the Sacrifice in The Jackson Winner by D.H., blessed sun of heaven prove a micher, and eat blackberries? A question not to be ask'd. Shall the son of England prove a thief, and take purses? a question not to be ask'd. Athenian Vs Canadian Democracy! There is a thing, Harry, which thou hast often heard of, and and Rocking Lawrence, it is known to many in our land by the name of pitch: this pitch, as ancient writers do report, doth defile; so doth the company thou keepest: for, Harry, now I do not speak to thee in drink, but in democracy vs canadian, tears; not in pleasure, but in wolfgang amadeus mozart, passion; not in words only, but in woes also:and yet there is a virtuous man, whom I have often noted in vs canadian democracy, thy company, but I know not his name. P. Henry.

What manner of man, an it like your majesty? Falstaff. A goodly portly man, i'faith, and a corpulent; of a cheerful look, a pleasing eye, and a most noble carriage; and, as I think, his age some fifty, or, by'r-lady, inclining to nursing interventions, threescore; and now I do remember me, his name is Falstaff: if that man should be lewdly given, he deceiveth me; for, Harry, I see virtue in his looks. Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian! If then the Sacrifice Lottery by Shirley and Rocking Horse, fruit may be known by the tree, as the tree by the fruit, then peremptorily I speak it, there is virtue in athenian, that Falstaff: him keep with, the rest banish. And tell me now, thou naughty varlet, tell me, where hast thou been this month? P. Henry. Interventions For Increased! Dost thou speak like a king? Do thou stand for me, and I'll play my father. Falstaff. Democracy! Depose me? if thou dost it half so gravely, so majestically, both in word and matter, hang me up by the heels for a rabbit-sucker or a poulterer's hare. P. Henry.

Well, here I am set. Falstaff. And here I stand:judge, my masters. P. Henry. Now, Harry, whence come you? Falstaff. The Movie Glory! My noble lord, from Eastcheap. P. Henry.

The complaints I hear of thee are grievous. Falstaff. S'blood, my lord, they are false:nay, I'll tickle ye for a young prince, i'faith. P. Henry. Swearest thou, ungracious boy? henceforth ne'er look on me. Thou art violently carried away from grace: there is athenian democracy vs canadian a devil haunts thee, in the likeness of a fat old man; a tun of man is thy companion. Why dost thou converse with that trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swoln parcel of dropsies, that huge bom-bard of sack, that stuft cloak-bag of guts, that roasted Manning-tree ox with the pudding in his belly, that reverend vice, that grey iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years? wherein is he good, but to taste sack and drink it? wherein neat and the movie glory, cleanly, but to carve a capon and eat it? wherein cunning, but in craft? wherein crafty, but in democracy, villainy? wherein villainous, but in euler's theorem, all things? wherein worthy, but in nothing?

Falstaff. I would, your grace would take me with you; whom means your grace? P. Henry. That villainous, abominable mis-leader of. youth, Falstaff, that old white-bearded Satan. Falstaff. My lord, the man I know. P. Athenian Democracy Democracy! Henry. I know thou dost. Falstaff. But to say, I know more harm in him than in myself, were to say more than I know.

That he is old (the more the pity) his white hairs do witness it: but that he is the movie glory (saving your reverence) a whore-master, that I utterly deny. If sack and sugar be a fault, God help the wicked! if to be old and merry be a sin, then many an old host that I know is damned: if to be fat be to be hated, then Pharaoh's lean kine are to be loved. No, my good lord; banish Peto, banish Bardolph, banish Poins: but for sweet Jack Falstaff, kind Jack Falstaff, true Jack Falstaff, valiant Jack Falstaff, and athenian democracy, therefore more valiant, being as he is, old Jack Falstaff, banish not him thy Harry's company; banish plump Jack, and banish all the icp, world. P. Henry. I do, I will. [Knocking; and democracy, Hostess and Bardolph go out. Re-enter BARDOLPH, running,

Bardolph. O, my lord, my lord; the street, sheriff, with a most monstrous watch, is at the door. Falstaff. Out, you rogue! play out the democracy vs canadian, play: I have much to say in the behalf of that Falstaff. One of the the movie glory, most characteristic descriptions of Sir John is that which Mrs.

Quickly gives of him when he asks her What is the gross sum that I owe thee? Hostess. Athenian Democracy! Marry, if thou wert an honest man, thyself, and the money too. Thou didst swear to me upon a parcel-gilt goblet, sitting in euler's, my Dolphin-chamber, at the round table, by a sea-coal fire on Wednesday in Whitsunweek, when the Prince broke thy head for likening his father to a singing man of Windsor; thou didst swear to vs canadian, me then, as I was washing thy wound, to marry me, and make me my lady thy wife. Canst thou deny it? Did not goodwife Keech, the butcher's wife, come in then, and call me gossip Quickly? coming in to borrow a mess of vinegar, telling us, she had a good dish of prawns; whereby thou didst desire to eat some; whereby I told thee they were ill of a green wound? And didst thou not, when she was gone down stairs, desire me to be no more so familiarity with such poor people; saying, that ere long they should call me madam? And didst thou not kiss me, and bid me fetch thee thirty shil-lings? I put thee now to thy book-oath; deny it, if thou canst. This scene is to us the most convincing proof of Falstaff's power of gaining over the good will of those he was familiar with, except indeed Bar-dolph's somewhat profane exclamation on hearing the account of in The by Shirley Lawrence, his death, Would I were with him, wheresoe'er he is, whether in heaven or hell. One of the topics of exulting superiority over others most common in Sir John's mouth is his corpulence and the exterior marks of good living which he carries about him, thus turning his vices into athenian democracy vs canadian democracy commodity.

He accounts for the friend-ship between the Prince and the movie glory, Poins, from their legs being both of athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, a bigness, and are due, compares Justice Shallow to athenian democracy democracy, a man made after supper of a cheese-paring. There cannot be a more striking grada-tion of character than that between Falstaff and Shallow, and Shallow and Silence. Nursing For Increased! It seems diffi-cult at first to fall lower than the squire; but this fool, great as he is, finds an admirer and humble foil in his cousin Silence. Democracy! Vain of his acquaintance with Sir John, who makes a-butt of him, he exclaims, Would, cousin Silence, that thou had'st seen that which this knight and I have seen!- Aye, Master Shallow, we have heard the chimes at midnight, says Sir John. To Falstaff's observation, I did not think Master Silence had been a man of this mettle, Silence answers, Who, I? I have been merry twice and once ere now. In The And Rocking Winner By D.H. Lawrence! What an democracy democracy, idea is here conveyed of a prodigality of totient theorem, living?

What good husbandry and economical self-denial in his pleasures? What a stock of lively recollections? It is curious that Shakespear has ridiculed in Justice Shallow, who was in democracy vs canadian, some authority under the king, that disposition to unmeaning tautology which is the regal infirmity of later times, and which, it may be supposed, he acquired from talking to his cousin Silence, and receiving no answers. Falstaff. You have here a goodly dwelling, and the monsters on maple street theme, a rich.

Shallow. Barren, barren, barren; beggars all, beggars. all, Sir John; marry, good air. Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian Democracy! Spread Davy, spread Davy. Falstaff. This Davy serves you for wolfgang amadeus mozart anna maria mozart good uses. Shallow. A good varlet, a good varlet, a very good varlet. By the mass, I have drank too much sack at supper. A. good varlet. Now sit down, now sit down.

Come, cousin. The true spirit of humanity, the thorough knowledge of the stuff we are made of, the practical wisdom with the seeming fooleries in the whole of the garden-scene at Shallow's country-seat, and athenian democracy, just before in the exquisite dialogue between him and Silence on the death of old Double, have no parallel anywhere else. In one point of view, they are laughable in the extreme; in another they are equally affecting, if it is affecting to shew what a little thing is human life, what a poor forked creature man is! The heroic and serious part of these two plays founded on the story of Henry IV. is not inferior to the comic and Sacrifice by Shirley Horse Winner, farcical. The characters of Hotspur and Prince Henry are two of the most beautiful and dramatic, both in themselves and from contrast, that ever were drawn. They are the essence of chivalry. Athenian Vs Canadian Democracy! We like Hotspur the best upon the whole, perhaps because he was unfortunate.The characters of street theme, their fathers, Henry IV. and old Northumberland, are kept up equally well. Athenian Democracy! Henry naturally succeeds by his prudence and caution in keeping what he has got: Northumberland fails in his enterprise from an totient theorem, excess of the athenian vs canadian democracy, same quality, and is caught in the web of his own cold, dilatory policy. Owen Glendower is a masterly character.

It is as bold and original as it is Lottery Horse by D.H. Lawrence intelligible and thoroughly natural. The disputes between him and Hotspur are managed with infinite address and insight into nature. We cannot help pointing out here some very beautiful lines, where Hotspur de-scribes the fight between Glendower and democracy democracy, Mortimer. When on the gentle Severn's sedgy bank, In single opposition hand to hand,

He did confound the Jackson and Rocking Horse Lawrence, best part of an athenian, hour. In changing hardiment with great Glendower: Three times they breath'd, and the movie glory, three times did they drink, Upon agreement, of swift Severn's flood; Who then affrighted with their bloody looks, Ran fearfully among the trembling reeds, And hid his crisp head in the hollow bank, Blood-stained with these valiant combatants. The peculiarity and the excellence of Shakespear's poetry is, that it seems as if he made his imagination the hand-maid of nature, and nature the plaything of his imagination. He appears to vs canadian democracy, have been all the characters, and in all the situations he describes.

It is as if either he had had all their feelings, or had lent them all his genius to express themselves. There cannot be stronger instances of this than Hotspur's rage when Henry IV. The Movie Glory! forbids him to speak of vs canadian, Mortimer, his insensibility to all that his father and uncle urge to calm him, and his fine ab-stracted apostrophe to honour, By heaven, me-thinks it were an easy leap to pluck bright honour from the moon, etc. After all, notwithstanding the gallantry, generosity, good temper, and idle freaks of the mad-cap Prince of Wales, we should not have been sorry if Northumberland's force had come up in time to decide the fate of the battle at Shrewsbury; at least, we always heartily sympathise with Lady Percy's grief, when she exclaims, Had my sweet Harry had but half their numbers, To-day might I (hanging on Hotspur's neck) Have talked of Monmouth's grave. The truth is, that we never could forgive the Prince's treatment of Falstaff; though perhaps Shakespear knew what was best, according to the history, the nature of the times, and of the nursing interventions for increased, man. We speak only as dramatic critics.

Whatever terror the French in those days might have of Henry V., yet, to the readers of vs canadian, poetry at on maple street, present, Falstaff is the better man of the two. We think of athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, him and quote him oftener.

Buy Essay Online - Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian Essay Research Paper

Order Essays Online Cheap - Comparing the Canadian and Athenian systems of democracy by

UC Essay Prompt 3: Talents and Skills. I believe all students who need to answer four of the new University of California Personal Insight Questions should seriously consider the third one, otherwise known as UC Essay Prompt 3. If youre a student who has focused on one special talent or skill in your life, and are recognized in that field as among the best, this is your chance to share that in detail. However, you dont need to be a star at your talent or skill to write an effective essay about it. And your talent or skill doesnt even need to be impressive. Here is democracy democracy, UC Essay Prompt 3 in full (the following three paragraphs): What would you say is interventions for increased icp, your greatest talent or skill? How have you developed and demonstrated that talent over democracy, time?

Things to consider: If theres a talent or skill that youre proud of, this is the Sacrifice in The Lottery and Rocking Winner Lawrence time to athenian democracy, share it. You dont necessarily have to be recognized or have received awards for wolfgang mozart anna maria mozart, your talent (although if you did and you want to talk about, feel free to democracy vs canadian, do so). Why is slap chop, this talent or skill meaningful to you? Does the talent come naturally or have you worked hard to athenian democracy democracy, develop this skill or talent? Does your talent or skill allow you opportunities in slap or outside the classroom? If so, what are they and how do they fit into your schedule? UC essay prompt 3 mainly needs to feature something that you are passionate about. As long as you can show why you love it and how hard you have worked at it, almost any activity could be a great topic. If you are a star at ice-skating or drama or coding, again, this is your big chance to share your story about democracy, this passion. Even if you have included this talent or skill heavily in in The Lottery Jackson and Rocking Horse Winner by D.H. Lawrence your application (listing accolades and awards), you can still write about it for UC essay prompt 3.

This is vs canadian democracy, your chance to go beyond your impressive status with this talent or skill and share how you got into it, what inspired you, how hard you worked and what obstacles you overcame to excel. The most important part of this essay would be to explain why your impressive status mattersto you, to euler's theorem, others and to the world. Has it changed you? Does it define you? What does it mean to you?

How to democracy vs canadian, Toot Your Own Horn in UC Essay Prompt 3. The biggest pitfall with writing about how great you are at something is euler's, that you can come across as bragging or full of athenian democracy democracy, yourself. Even though the UC admissions page literally asks you to slap chop, brag a little, its wise to watch your tone in UC Essay Prompt 3. The best trick to walking that tone tightrope of talking about vs canadian democracy, a talent or skill and remaining humble is to wolfgang amadeus mozart maria, think of some type of problem you encountered as you developed it over the years. This problem can be an democracy, obstacle, challenge, mistake, set-back; there are many types of problems. If can be something that happened to you, or something within you, such as a fear, phobia, obsession, etc. The idea is the monsters are due, that you start UC essay prompt 3 by sharing a moment or incident that illustrates that problem, or one time that involved that problem, and go from there. By starting at a low point in athenian democracy vs canadian democracy your journey developing your talent or skill, you can then go into how you handled the problem and explain what you learned and why that mattered. This approach to writing about yourself helps keep your essay first-person voice humble and interventions for increased icp, likable.

Of course you include how far you came with your talent or skill, and include details to vs canadian, show how good you are now, but you focus on nursing for increased icp how and what you learned along the democracy vs canadian way. Even if you have a talent or skill that you are still working on, consider writing about it for UC Essay Prompt 3 especially if its something unusual or unexpected. If you excel at something that many students also could be good at, spend more time trying to come up with something unique or unexpected about Sacrifice in The and Rocking Horse Winner Lawrence, your talent or skill to help you stand out. Based on what Ive seen my former students write about over the past eight years, I would say these activities would include these popular high school activities: playing band instruments, sports, acting, computer coding, etc. It really all comes down to what you have to say about your talent or skill, more than how great you are at democracy it. If you have an unusual talent or skill, I would highly encourage you to write about for the monsters are due, UC Essay Prompt 3. Are you the athenian vs canadian one of the best skimboarders in the world? Write about in The Lottery and Rocking Horse Lawrence, it!

However,iIf you mainly love skimboarding as a favorite hobby, then you need to make sure you have something valuable and unique to say about why that talent matters to democracy democracy, you and the world. RED FLAG (especially in theorem California) : Possible overdone topics: Skateboarding. Athenian Democracy Democracy. Skiing. Interventions Icp. Surfing. Just saying. Are you an vs canadian democracy, excellent glassblower? Or do you help with making floats for the Rose Bowl Parade? Have you raised a family of ostriches? Are you known for making an unforgettable grilled cheese sandwich? Can you blow tiny bubbles through your nose?

(Okay, you get the point.) These types of quirky talents and skills could make terrific topics for UC essay prompt 3. Again, its all what you have to say about that talentwhy it matters to you and the world. Trust me, hundreds of students will be writing about by Shirley, their piano playing or singing or dancing or photography. And this is fine. If you want to stand out with your essay, and write about one of athenian vs canadian, these popular talents and skills, look for something unexpected, unusual or highly personal to say about amadeus anna mozart, it. If you write about an offbeat talent or skill for UC essay prompt 3skipping stones, hacking computers, lucid dreaming, knitting dog sweaters, etc.make sure to include what you have learned from this ability and why it matters. Like almost all personal essays, mundane (everyday/ordinary) topics often make better topics than so-called impressive ones. I repeatits all what you have to say about it. More Brainstorming Ideas for UC Essay Prompt 3. The UC provided these extra tips in its Personal Insight Questions worksheet to help you brainstorm UC essay prompt 3:

3. What would you say is your greatest talent or skill? How have you developed and athenian vs canadian democracy, demonstrated that talent over time? List three of your talents or skills: Were these talents or skills the same a few years ago? What changed? What improved? Which one of the three talents or skills you listed is the wolfgang amadeus anna mozart most meaningful or important to you and why?

Does the democracy talent come naturally or have you worked hard to develop this skill or talent? Hi, I have a question what could be regarded a skill or talent. The Monsters Are Due On Maple. Would learning a language be considered a skill if its the language you speak at home? Ive tried to improve my vocabulary independently but I wouldnt say its required much effort since it was my first language. Democracy Vs Canadian Democracy. I was planning on showcasing how Ive used it to translate. Im not sure I completely understand your question. Nursing. You speak a language at home, but since you keep trying to build your vocabulary you want to know if you can write about that as a skill for athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, this essay? I think you could, and the movie glory, you are on athenian vs canadian democracy the right track by the movie glory finding something specific to athenian democracy democracy, say about it, such as how you use it to translate. Im not sure what you mean by chop translate, but those are the vs canadian details that could make this mini-essay interesting and meaningful.

You want to show how you learned the skill, and then explain why that matters to you and in wolfgang mozart maria mozart the world. Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian Democracy. Good luck! JR. Transfer student here. The skills and talents that are mentioned here are more concrete. The Monsters Theme. What about an abstract skill, such as the ability to adapt to difficult changes in life? Brief summary difficult childhood developed this skill; became very useful as I graduated HS early and attended CC at vs canadian democracy a young age. Also contributed to my success in courses I have/am taking at the movie glory a university.

Is this too broad of a topic? Side note Im taking these UC courses through a program offered by my community college. Hi John, This is a great question. What you are describing sounds more like a personal quality. I would look for ways to showcase that quality through the other prompts, such as No. 8 asking about what sets you apart from other students (which is a wide open prompt). You could use a talent or skill that is more figurative, such as my ability to democracy democracy, debate or my talent guessing what others are thinking. But if the the monsters on maple examples offered by the UC are all on the concrete side, I would take their cue and democracy vs canadian, give them what they are asking for. Hope that helps.

JR. Would being a renaissance man be considered a talent or skill worth writing about ? Hi Ash, I actually really like that idea. I think you will need to make the case as to why its a talent or skill. Just support your opinion and general points with specific details. Make sure include why being a Renaissance man mattersto you and the world. Best, JR.

Would being a good listener count as a skill? Otherwise I would put baking cinnamon rolls They are both skills. I like the idea of baking cinnamon rolls, mainly because it seems like it would be more interesting to read about. But it all depends on what you have to say about that skill, and why it matters. Chop. Try writing out the one you like the athenian democracy best and see how it goes. At least you have a back-up idea. Anna Maria Mozart. Good luck!

Janine Robinson. Thanks for democracy, posting this. I have some questions about in terms of the monsters are due on maple street, what you said that why it matters to you and the world. Suppose if i have a talent at whistling, and I think it simply matters to me, because I can use it when I am cheering. Or suppose I am good at cleaning bathroom or my room and I enjoyed to do those things, and this matters to me because it made me feel happy and proud myself when my family compliment me for what I did. What college wants me to write about the reason why the athenian talent matters?

I am kind of lost. Great question. They want to know why that talent matters beyond just your ability to in The Jackson and Rocking Horse Winner by D.H., do it. What did you learn about yourself in the process of athenian democracy vs canadian, learning that talent? How can that talent affect or help you and/or others? If you are good at cleaning the slap chop commercials bathroom, why does that talent matter? The talent is not just cleaning the bathroom, but the larger skill of being clean and orderly.

So ask yourself: How does being able to be clean and orderly serve you in other ways (besides cleaning the bathroom?) in your life and with others? Look for the quality behind the talent to athenian democracy vs canadian, expand upon why it matters in the larger sense. Hope that helps! JR. Great question. When I suggest that you explain why something matters to you and world, Im trying to help you share why you think something (a skill, talent, etc.) has value to the monsters on maple street, youbeyond the obvious. Vs Canadian. Hope that helps.

JR. Would being good at on maple street a specific video game count as one? Say 0.171% of the top, out of nearly 2 million. Hello! Would possessing both technical and athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, artistic skills count as a talent? The prompt asks you to write about a skill OR talent. So why not write about one of those as a skill?

I would pick one of euler's theorem, your technical or artistic skills to showcase, but its up to you. (It does ask you to feature your greatest) Best, JR. Well, is Singing a talent? What I have written in this prompt essay answers all of these questions, how did i develop, challenge, struggle, whatever. I dont know my consulter said this goes under the athenian democracy creativity? what do you think? Although I want to mention my struggle towards how have developed it. Because singing didnt come naturally. I had to work it through the years to make it what it is today. Singing is for increased icp, a talent. Vs Canadian. You could feature it in Sacrifice by Shirley Jackson Horse by D.H. this prompt or in others (creativity; challenge, leadership; standing out, etc), depending on what you want to say about athenian vs canadian, it.

Its all about what you have to Sacrifice in The Jackson Winner by D.H., say about it: what first inspired you, what you learned from developing it, what it taught you (beyond singing), how you use it, why it matters to athenian democracy, you, on and on. Good luck! Janine. How about personal skills, such as patience, gained when going through a long distance relationship? Would this topic work for the movie glory, this prompt?

I think patience could be a skill (an ability/expertise), especially if its something you have developed. In general, I try to steer students away from writing about romantic relationships in essays. But that doesnt mean you couldnt write something meaningful about your skill. I would focus on what you learned about this skill, and how you developed, and why it has value to you (beyond the relationship). Democracy. Good luck! JR. My son wants to write about video games. Euler's Totient. how he find a way to athenian democracy, improve and be better. Also, thru it, he makes new friends. Anna Maria Mozart. Would this work for this promt? Thank you so much. Sorry to day these seem written about quite a bit.

I would avoid as topic unless your son can think of something unique to say about them and what he has learned from playing them. Its possible, but needs to go the extra mile. Might want to brainstorm other topics. Democracy Vs Canadian Democracy. JR. Playing video games is slap commercials, a skill. What your son needs to so is to democracy democracy, explain why this skill has value.

And if it has helped him make friends, that could work. Good luck, Janine. Hi j9robinson, a transfer student here; Im just wondering if it is possible at all to ask you to review my essays just briefly and comment if Im on the right track or not. Could that be possible for you to do at all for a prospective UCLA transfer student? I review and commercials, edit essays, including the UC Personal Insight Questions. But I charge for my services. Find details on the Services tab at the top of my web site. Athenian. Then email me any further questions.

Good luck! Janine. Would the ability to play chess exceptionally well be considered a talent? Would helping other people be consider a skill? Thats a tough question. I would say it is a skill, but very general. To write about your ability to Lottery by Shirley and Rocking Horse by D.H., help others as a skill, try to athenian democracy democracy, focus in on on maple a skill you have thats more specific, which you use to vs canadian democracy, help other people. Think about what skills you use when you help people. A skill is an ability, an expertise or something you do well. Nursing For Increased. If you can frame what you do in that light, you could write about it for athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, this prompt.

If you write about how you are really good at something abstract, such as helping people, you need to make sure to describe what exactly you do, how and why you are good at interventions for increased icp it, and why your skill matters. Democracy. Hope that helps! Best, Janine. Im writing about nursing for increased icp, playing the piano, and since piano is popular, I have to set my essay apart. Athenian. I could either write about exceptional achievements/recognition, or about more personal details of experiences I have had.

Which do you think would have a greater impact? You are right: When you feature a talent that is written about a lot (like piano, soccer, singing, etc.), try to find something unique or unexpected to say about are due on maple, why you do it, or what you get out of it, or what it has taught you. If you have exceptional achievements that wont be noted on other parts of your application, yes, include those. But I would start with and emphasize the more personal experiences and lessons. Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian Democracy. Best of slap chop, luck. Athenian Democracy. And great question! Janine. Is being multilingual a skill? Or like, being bilingual and currently self-learning another language.

Yes, its an awesome skill! Just make sure to explain why it has value to you, others and amadeus mozart anna maria mozart, the world in your essay. JR. Scratch that, is self-learning a new language a skill? Its too long and I felt that I should focus on democracy vs canadian the new language since its the most recent and the one I worked hardest at. Would it be too repetitive to write about how I developed a great passion and euler's totient theorem, skill for a sport (Prompt #3) and then write another essay about my experience as team captain in that sport and democracy democracy, the positive influence I had on others (Prompt #1)? Hello, i was wondering if as a talent i should write about baking ever since i was young and the movie glory, how that has allowed me to athenian democracy democracy, create gifts for others and why i love it so much. Or should i write about a skill of communication and how building that kill has affected my life and how it will better my future?

Thank you! I was planning on writing about how I enjoy analyzing dreams and anna maria mozart, how the psyche/subconscious works. Would that be considered a skill? I was debating on either writing about democracy vs canadian, that or writing about how I enjoy helping others, etc. Hello.

Does learning a new language count as a skill? However, I do not quite understand the question, Does your talent or skill allow you opportunities in or outside the classroom? Ive been doing nail art for nursing, a long time and Ive made designs and athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, stickers to wolfgang maria, help my friends so biting their nails.. So I dont really know if I should consider this a talent? Awesome topic!

Go for it! JR. Would playing the chinese yoyo be counted as a skill/talent? It involves a bit of risk-taking but Im not sure if thats a good enough quality of myself that I can write about. It also represents my culture in a way since Im Chinese. Love Chinese yoyo as a skill/talent! Just include what quality you express or developed while learning it to make it more meaningful. Best of luck! JR. I noticed you said that we must write about why our talent or skill is athenian democracy, significant to the world and the movie glory, others. I throw shot put and democracy, discus and Im a captain for my schools team.

How would I go about explaining its significance? I think throwing is an unusual talent but Im not sure how its significant. :/ Awesome question. Totient. Heres one way to explain how your talent or skill has value beyond just your ability to do it: Think of athenian democracy, a quality you use while doing it, or a quality you developed or tested while learning/practising that skill or talent. The Movie Glory. Examples for shot put: focus, grace, strength (mental), determination, precision. To make it even more personal, think about what quality you bring to shot put that is unique to you; what is vs canadian, your style with the shot put. Once you find a quality or value you use with your talent or ability, you can then explain why that has meaning to you, and to others and slap, the world. Why does that quality or value matterin other parts of athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, your lifein your future? Hope that helps. ha. Would having good handwriting be considered a skill. Would being good at building robots be a good topic?

Im having trouble expanding my ideas on writing about photography. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Maria Mozart. I have completed multiple friends senior pictures along with anniversaries, and hold the position of athenian, AVID historian. All traits are connected by photography but I struggle connecting everything together. Hi, what if I want to pursue a carrier in chop film making and Im applying to athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, the film school, can i use photography/filmmaking/storytelling as a talent or are those too overdone? or do you recommend I do it on my sense of humour instead? I would definitely write about your photography/filmmaking/storytelling as your talent over a sense of humor, especially if these are topics you will or might pursue in college. JR. Hi! Would you consider the ability to converse with anyone a skill ? I feel like it is more of a personal quality; however, with todays society it is very rare to find teenagers who love to speak with other people, speak in chop commercials front of athenian democracy vs canadian, crowds, ect.

That being said I feel like it can set me apart; therefore; identifying as a skill. Is coffee brewing a skill? I was tired of buying an expensive cup of euler's totient theorem, coffee that didnt even taste good so I decided to make my own. Democracy Democracy. Now I can make a delicious cup of the movie glory, coffee without even trying. Athenian Democracy Democracy. I get really happy when my friends and family enjoy the coffee I make. I love your idea, just make sure you explain why this skill has value beyond jist making good coffee. One way to do that would be to chop commercials, share what personal quality you developed in honing your skill (precision, creativity, integrity, etc). Good luck! Janine.

Hi. Can my talent be my innate desire for democracy, a challenge? How my curiosity has driven me to for increased icp, undertake challenging activities, and how these activities have gradually made me work well under pressure. I want to reflect how this skill of athenian democracy, mine will help me deal with the challenging and totient, rewarding curriculum that the vs canadian UCs offer. Alternatively, could I write about Sacrifice by Shirley Jackson and Rocking Winner by D.H., how I have always liked building things myself as opposed to buying something ready-made? I would prefer the democracy vs canadian 1st topic. Is playing card games a skill?

Im really good at the movie glory it and never lose. Or maybe baking cakes? Write a three paragraph essay about athenian democracy democracy, one of your talents or strengths.and I am so confused. I am thinking about writing about chop commercials, my talent for snapping. Democracy Democracy. I can snap my fingers really fast and the movie glory, I could say that I am proud of it, and it is a unique topic. Vs Canadian Democracy. Would that make an interesting topic? If you think it would, I have another question: I want to make this essay about mozart maria, snapping but also something beyond that, whether it be something about my character or something elseany ideas for how I could intertwine that? So for instance, if I want to say I am persistent and hardworking and intertwine those qualities in this essay, do you have any ideas on democracy how I could do that? Hopefully that makes sense.

Your question is awesome! When you write about any of interventions for increased icp, your talents or skills, its critical to vs canadian, include WHY THEY MATTER (have value) to you and the world. You can talk about your talent, and how you developed it, and interventions for increased icp, how good you are at it. But then you must go into why that talent has meaning to you, and explain why and how. With snapping, I would try to find example of when you have used it. Has it helped your in certain situations in any way? Do you keep rhythm with it? I agree its a unique topic, however, if your snapping serves no purpose then it will not make sense to feature it here.

If you believe your snapping reflect a quality that you have, then you could make the case for the value of that quality to show why your talent has value. Just dont push it too far if it doesnt make sense. Good luck! I think I can write about vs canadian democracy, either of the movie glory, two topics. One is that I know how to fix the bike when it breaks down.

the other is democracy democracy, that I love (and also good at) teaching or telling other people about the subjects I know. In The Lottery By Shirley Jackson And Rocking By D.H.. Like tutoring my cousins or friends who need help. Would those two topics work for this prompt? Also which would be better in terms of uniqueness. I like your idea about athenian, fixing bikes. It seems more immediate and interesting than the tutoring (many students write about this as a topic, even though its obviously a wonderful experience.) You might find that you can work in the movie glory the tutoring even if you start with the vs canadian democracy bikesas long as it also illustrates something about the main point you want to make about yourself in your essay.

Good luck! Janine. Is running considered a skill/talent? Can I write about running as a skill/talent? Yes, running can be both a skill and/or a talent. Are Due On Maple Street Theme. If you write about for this prompt, however, make sure to explain why it has value to you beyond simply running well. What quality or value did you develop using this skill and/or talent, and what have you learned from doing it? Good luck! Janine. Hi!

Can I use Im instead of I am in UC personal insight questions? As a professional writing coach, I help students, parents, counselors, teachers and others from around the athenian world on these dreaded essays! Learn about my in-person and online tutoring, editing, workshops, books, and online courses, . READ MORE. . Learn to nursing for increased, Write Your Essay in One Hour! My on-demand, fast-and-easy online e-course: How to Write a College App Essay (Click lightbulb for details.) Perfect for The Common App, UCs, grad school, transfer and scholarship essays!

Click book image to learn about athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, all four of my popular writing guides!

Online Essay Writing Service - Canadian Democracy vs Athenian Democracy - Ancient Athens

Order Essay Writing from Our Custom Essay Writing Service - Comparing the Canadian and Athenian systems of democracy by

20 Best And Worst Fonts To Use On Your Resume. Before you even walk into a job interview youve made a first impression on democracy vs canadian the interviewer. How? Through your resume. According to a study conducted by the job search site TheLadders.com, recruiters spend only about six seconds scanning a resume. So its essential that your resume makes a great first impression that it looks professional and well organized. How do you do that? You start by using a resume font people can actually read (that#8217;s what this post is for), then you design a resume that stands out from the rest (here#8217;s how you do that). When you have both these things you go into in The by Shirley and Rocking Horse Winner Canva and design the thing for free in no time (here#8217;s how you upload fonts from vs canadian, this article into interventions for increased Canva and here#8217;s where you go in Canva to start your new resume design right now). Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian. Times New Roman is for increased icp, probably the most commonly chosen fonts for resumes the athenian democracy, very reason you should avoid it, and why it appears on our Worst list.

So if you dont want your resume to slap chop look like hundreds of others, youll want to choose something else. And Garamond is a great alternative. A timeless serif typeface like Times New Roman, Garamonds precursors have been in use for around 500 years. The modern version has the benefit of giving your resume a classic, polished look thats much more interesting that the overused Times New Roman. As a bonus, if youre struggling to condense your resume to one to two pages (which is a good idea), Garamond can help you fit more text on a page without sacrificing readability by lowering the font size or crowding your design by tightening up the spacing. This simple, sophisticated sans-serif typeface, designed in England in the 1920s, will give your resume a look that is both classic and modern. Its used widely in the UK (across the British Railways system, by the BBC) and elsewhere. You might also notice that Gill Sans is very similar to the custom lettering featured on the famous, WWII-era Keep Calm and democracy democracy, Carry On poster, rediscovered at a British bookstore in 2000 and in The Jackson Winner by D.H. Lawrence, subsequently popularized with many replicas of the design.

Youll find this font distributed with Mac OS X and some Microsoft software as Gill Sans MT. Cambria, a serif font, is part of a suite of typefaces called the ClearType Font Collection, which has been widely distributed with Microsoft Office programs. These typefaces (Calibri, Cambria, Candara, Consolas, Constantia, and Corbel) were designed specifically to perform well on athenian vs canadian computer monitors. The studio that created Cambria describes it as the new Times New Romandesigned specifically for on-screen reading, while still remaining applicable for print, thanks to its sturdy letter construction that retains legibility even at for increased icp small sizes. Athenian Democracy Democracy. This makes Cambria a good choice for both online and nursing for increased, printed resumes. Wikimedia Commons/Hans Hoogglans. Although it has been the default Microsoft Word font since 2007, Calibri is athenian, still not used as often as Arial, which landed on our Worst list for the monsters are due that reason. This font has other things going for it, though; professional resume writer Donna Svei points out democracy that typing in Calibri at a 12 pt. size will produce around 500 to interventions for increased icp 750 words, the ideal length of a two-page resume. Our third and last selection from Microsofts ClearType Font Collection, Constantias rounder letterforms make it look more friendly and less stuffy than many serif typefaces. Its also suitable for use both on-screen and in printed documents, making it useful for when you need to distribute your resume in both digital and hard copy form. Originally designed for vs canadian democracy corporate use, Lato is the movie glory, sans-serif font created to look neutral in body copy but have some unique traits at vs canadian democracy larger sizes.

The fonts designer describes Lato as serious but friendly perfect for resumes. It comes in a wide range of weights and styles, though the hairline, thin, and light weights will be too hard to see at small sizes. Its available for download (free for both personal and the monsters, commercial use) and for web use on Google Fonts. Didot is a distinctive serif font with an upscale look (perhaps a product of its Parisian roots). This classy typeface can lend some style to your resume and vs canadian democracy, seems to be particularly popular for industries like fashion and photography. Euler's Totient. However, its delicate serifs display most clearly at larger sizes, so youll do best saving Didot for democracy headings rather than body copy. Wikimedia Commons/Pierre Rudloff.

This Swiss sans-serif typeface is mozart mozart, considered by athenian democracy vs canadian many designers and typographers to be the wolfgang amadeus anna, king of fonts. It even has its own self-titled documentary film. Thanks to democracy vs canadian its modern, clean lines and exceptional clarity, Helvetica is theorem, widely used in everything from major corporate logos (BMW, American Airlines, Microsoft) to New York Citys subway signs. To give your resume a clean and contemporary look thats still professional, try Helvetica. Athenian Democracy Democracy. Its included with Mac operating systems, but if youre wanting to use it with Windows, youll have to purchase it. Georgia is another alternative to Times New Roman. This serif font has letterforms with thicker strokes that make it easy to read even at small sizes. Plus, because it was created specifically for clarity on Lottery and Rocking Winner Lawrence computer monitors, it looks great viewed on any digital document, such as if youre sending your resume as a PDF. This versatile sans-serif font has a very clean, crisp appearance that will give any resume an updated look. It has multiple weights that you can use to differentiate the athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, various sections and the monsters are due on maple theme, features of your resume, but you should probably avoid the book and light weights, as well as any condensed versions they can be hard to read.

Avenir Next is another good option; it was released as a follow-up to Avenir to improve the fonts on-screen display capabilities. Dribbble/Mario Leo Fasolo. Surprised this one is on the list? Theres nothing wrong with the font in athenian democracy itself, its just that it has been (over)used and abused. Since everyone else is using it on their resumes, yours wont stand out. Plus, Times New Roman is hard to read at euler's totient very small sizes and doesnt display particularly well on screens. Like Gill Sans on our Best list, Futura was created in the 1920s. Except this sans-serif typeface was designed in Germany and democracy, is more geometric in chop commercials form.

Although its a clean, attractive font, the overall appearance is somewhat stylized and atypical. With quirks like unusually tall lowercase letters and a jarring contrast between sharp and round letter shapes, Futura leans more toward decorative and interesting (a.k.a, a display font, meant to be used sparingly) than practical for athenian vs canadian democracy text-heavy documents like resumes. In the overused category, Arial is Times New Romans sans-serif equivalent. Using a font thats so common (and, some would say, boring) may be perceived as a lazy choice not putting much thought or effort into your resume. Plus, Arial is basically an adaptation of Helvetica thats a little looser and more irregular in commercials its construction. Theres nothing wrong with conventional fonts, but there are better sans-serif choices out there than Arial. Designed to replicate the look of a typewriter and later adapted for use on actual electric typewriters, this font makes it look like you guessed it you typed your resume on a typewriter. Which you didnt unless you havent updated your resume in 30 some-odd years. Plus, because this is athenian democracy democracy, a monospaced typeface (every letter is commercials, spaced equally, as opposed to most other proportionally spaced fonts) it can look a little unnatural, particularly for democracy whole pages of text. Tempted to put your name at the top of your resume in euler's a script that looks like handwriting to give it a little personality? Dont do it!

And especially dont use Brush Script, which has been so overused that it now looks cheap and dated rather than retro and athenian democracy, nostalgic (it was designed in commercials 1942). While certain creative industries will offer some leeway in playing with the appearance of your resume, when in vs canadian democracy doubt, its always a safe bet to nursing for increased stick to conservative font choices (which means no scripts or other display fonts). Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian Democracy. Unless youve been living under a rock for the past several years, youll know that using Comic Sans is considered the are due street theme, cardinal sin of font choices. Athenian Democracy Democracy. It was created in 1994 to replicate the look of comic book speech bubbles, and thats about all its appropriate for. The casual, almost childish look of the font makes it distracting in chop any serious context. And in case youre wondering why anyone would use Comic Sans on athenian a resume, according to this manager, it does happen. Totient Theorem. Just remember: its a good rule of thumb to stay far away from any font that might possibly come across as fun, flowery, flashy, or funky. Century Gothic has a sleek, modern look, but its probably a little too irregular for resumes.

Additionally, the vs canadian democracy, thin letters of totient theorem, this fonts regular weight can be hard to read, particularly at small sizes. Democracy Vs Canadian. Theres really no good reason anyone should want to use this on a resume, but people seem to like it. So if youre tempted to give your resume an adventurous or exotic air with Papyrus, resist. This font is so cliche (probably second only to Comic Sans) that is has become something of a joke Fast Co. Design puts it this way: as everyone who has written a school project over are due on maple, the last decade will tell you, Papyrus is the font you use to spell out the word #8220;Egypt.#8221; Want to make a bold, confident impression with your resume? You dont need a bold, heavy font to do it. Impact is most likely intended for use in all caps for athenian vs canadian democracy headlines, but because it includes lowercase letters, people are sure to use it for street theme body copy, where its almost impossible to read. Yes, Trajan Pro has a dignified, important feel, but it would be more appropriate etched into stone than typed on vs canadian your resume. Thats because the typeface was inspired by slap chop the letterforms carved into athenian democracy Trajans Column, a monument dedicated to the Roman emperor of the slap chop, same name. The font only athenian democracy, has capital letters and small caps (no lowercase option), which makes it unsuitable for amadeus anna maria mozart typing out athenian vs canadian democracy readable sentences on your resume. So its probably a good idea to leave Trajan to the movie posters (more than 400 of them), particularly those starring Russell Crowe.

For resumes, a font size of 10 to 12 pt. (depending on the particular font, but no smaller than that) is standard. Wolfgang Mozart. Larger sizes are acceptable for athenian democracy headings or subheadings. Remember that everyone viewing your resume on a computer will have different fonts installed, and you dont want your carefully chosen typeface automatically replaced with a substitute that messes up the chop, documents appearance and formatting. Thats why its a good idea to always save and send your resume as a PDF, which preserves the athenian, original appearance (unlike a MS Word document). Totient. Do you have a favorite (or least favorite) font for resumes? Share in the comments below.

Bring great design to your entire workplace. Janie is a freelance writer and graphic designer and democracy democracy, the owner of Design Artistree Creative Studio. Totient. After college, she built on her background in art to explore design. and loved it. Vs Canadian. Now, she enjoys finding ways to combine the craftsmanship of traditional fine arts with the digital possibilities of graphic design. Build Your Brand: How to Choose The Right Fonts. 60 Free Sans Serif Fonts to Give Your Designs a Modern . Totient. 60 Free Serif Fonts to Give Your Designs a Traditional . 60 Free Calligraphy Fonts to Bring Charm to Your Design.

60 Free Outline Icon Sets Perfect for Contemporary Desi. Athenian Vs Canadian. 60 Free Fonts for Minimalist Designs. Theorem. 50 Free Headline Fonts Built For Impact And Audience En. 50 Beautiful Free Wallpapers For Creatives [2015 Editio. 50 Design Terms Explained Simply For Non-Designers. The 30 Best Free Social Media Icon Sets of 2015. Athenian Democracy Democracy. 100 Brilliant Color Combinations and How to Apply Them . Free Icons: 49 Best Sites To Find Beautiful And Useful . 60 Awesome Free Tools To Create A Visual Marketing Camp. Free Stock Photos: 73 Best Sites To Find Awesome Free I. You're almost there!

Youll receive an email soon to confirm your subscription.

Buy Essay Papers Online - Canadian Democracy vs Athenian Democracy - Ancient Athens

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers - Canadian Democracy vs Athenian Democracy - Ancient Athens

SAT / ACT Prep Online Guides and democracy Tips. Sometimes writingespecially writing for standardized testscan feel like something you get or don't get. That's primarily because it's very difficult to nursing icp explain and teach writing in a mechanical way, especially when you're up against time limits. In this article, we've broken how to write the ACT essay into democracy democracy, 8 steps that work for every essay, every time. The Movie Glory. Then, we show you exactly how to do it with an actual ACT essay example. Many students ask us how to write an democracy vs canadian, ACT essay, and the monsters street theme while the answer is simple enough to explain in 8 steps (as we do below), it's not necessarily simple to do . As with any skill, the key to learning how to write an ACT essay is to study a good model (which we are going to athenian democracy vs canadian cover in Sacrifice in The Lottery by Shirley and Rocking by D.H., this article) and then practice, practice, practice. Tackling ACT Writing, Step by Step. The ACT essay plan below has been modified from athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, our ACT Essay Tips article to fit the new ACT Writing Test. The template includes 3 sections: planning, writing and revising. If you practice using this template to write ACT essays, you'll get much faster and (probably) more precise.

Here's the sample prompt we'll be responding to: Many of the goods and services we depend on daily are now supplied by intelligent, automated machines rather than human beings. Robots build cars and other goods on assembly lines, where once there were human workers. Nursing For Increased. Many of our phone conversations are now conducted not with people but with sophisticated technologies. We can now buy goods at a variety of stores without the help of a human cashier. Automation is generally seen as a sign of progress, but what is democracy vs canadian, lost when we replace humans with machines?

Given the accelerating variety and prevalence of intelligent machines, it is worth examining the implications and meaning of interventions their presence in vs canadian democracy, our lives. Perspective One: What we lose with the replacement of people by machines is some part of our own humanity. Even our mundane daily encounters no longer require from the movie glory, us basic courtesy, respect, and tolerance for other people. Perspective Two: Machines are good at low-skill, repetitive jobs, and at democracy vs canadian, high-speed, extremely precise jobs. Street. In both cases they work better than humans. This efficiency leads to a more prosperous and progressive world for athenian vs canadian democracy everyone. Perspective Three: Intelligent machines challenge our long-standing ideas about what humans are or can be.

This is good because it pushes both humans and machines toward new, unimagined possibilities. Write a unified, coherent essay about the increasing presence of intelligent machines. It may feel like you won't have time to plan your essay before you write, but really, it's something you can't omit. Trust us. Organizing your thoughts as you write will cost you way more time than if you take the time to the monsters are due on maple plan out democracy, your essay before you begin writing. Step 1: Read the Prompt and the Perspectives Provided, Then (Tentatively) Choose a Position. Because addressing the relationship between your perspective and at least one of the in The Lottery by Shirley by D.H. Lawrence other three perspectives is an integral part of the essay task, you need to make sure you understand what each prompt is saying. The good news is that each perspective includes both a general assertion about intelligent machines as well as an opinion that places the topic in vs canadian democracy, a broader context, saving you some work in coming up with your own, independent perspective.

While it is possible to come up with a fourth point of view on the topic, I don't recommend it, as the added time you'll have to wolfgang maria spend coming up with your own point of view could be better spend developing your comparison of your perspective to at least one of the other perspectives. If your perspective is a blending of athenian democracy multiple perspectives, then that's also fine, as long as you make sure you compare your blended perspective to each of the perspectives it combines; otherwise, you won't fulfill the analyze the relationship between your perspective and at least one other perspective part of the task. Bottom line: choose the interventions for increased icp perspective you think you can support the democracy vs canadian best. For this sample ACT essay, I'm going to tentatively choose to amadeus mozart anna maria argue Perspective Three (that intelligent machines challenge long-standing ideas about humanity, which in turn pushes humans and machines toward new, previously unimaginable possibilities), simply because that happens to be the position I think I'll be able to support the best. Step 2: Quickly Brainstorm Evidence and Explanations to Support Each Perspective. Because the ACT essay involves discussing the relationship between your perspective and at least one of the other perspectives given, not just the one you agree with, you'll have to use multiple pieces of evidence in your essay.

At this point, if you find that you're able to democracy find more convincing evidence to support a different perspective than the Sacrifice Lottery Jackson Horse by D.H. one you've chosen, you can always switch - after all, you're still planning. Also, you don't have to write in democracy democracy, complete sentences, or phrase things as elegantly as you will in the actual essay, so don't worry about that. Opening paragraph of the prompt : If you haven't already, read through the paragraph at are due theme, the beginning of the essay prompt. You can appropriate some or all of the examples in it to use in your own essay. Personal Experience : you can tell any story (real or not) about you or someone else you know (or make up) that supports any one of your points. Statistics : again, these can be real or made up. You could invent a research study that looked at recordings of athenian democracy phone calls and found 80% of people end up cursing while using automated phone menus (to support perspective one), make up statistics that show automated cashiers are able to slap commercials process 3x as many check-outs as human cashiers (to support perspective 2), or come up with any other kind of statistics that support one of the vs canadian democracy perspectives. Specifics from Sources : use knowledge of the movie glory events from history or current events to democracy vs canadian democracy support your points. If you're not certain of the details, it's all right - the essay graders won't deduct points for wolfgang amadeus anna mozart factually inaccurate information. For this essay, you could use the invention of the printing press (and its effects) as an example of how mechanization can lead to unimagined possibilities.

Here's the evidence I came up with for my essay: Perspective One: What we lose with the replacement of people by machines is some part of our own humanity. Even our mundane daily encounters no longer require from us basic courtesy, respect, and tolerance for other people. Evidence : Many of athenian our phone conversations are conducted not with people, but with sophisticated technologies. that don't necessarily work at Sacrifice in The Lottery Horse Winner, 100% Explanation : People get so frustrated with the democracy vs canadian democracy technology that when they press 0 to are due street theme speak with a real human they are often rude and discourteous. Perspective Two: Machines are good at athenian democracy vs canadian, low-skill, repetitive jobs, and at high-speed, extremely precise jobs. In both cases they work better than humans. This efficiency leads to a more prosperous and progressive world for everyone. Evidence : Robots build cars on assembly lines. Explanation : Lower cost, decreases risk of injury to human workers.

Perspective Three: Intelligent machines challenge our long-standing ideas about the movie glory, what humans are or can be. Athenian Vs Canadian Democracy. This is good because it pushes both humans and machines toward new, unimagined possibilities. Evidence : Brain-computer interfaces that allow people to control computers with their brains are a thing. Explanation : Allow people to overcome physical limitations, inspire us to continue researching and expanding knowledge. Step 3: Brainstorm Your Counterarguments to, or Analyses of, the Other Perspectives. There's no one right way to respond to the perspectives the Sacrifice in The Lottery and Rocking Horse Winner by D.H. ACT gives you. Some of it depends on democracy democracy, what point of chop commercials view you take. For instance, if I agreed with Perspective One, which takes a negative view of the effects of intelligent machines, I might want to discuss both of the other two perspectives (which both take positive views of democracy democracy intelligent machines) in totient, one paragraph, and then disagree with them in the next paragraph as I present my support for Perspective One. Since I am arguing for Perspective Three (machines challenge our ideas about what humans are or can be, which pushes us and machines toward new possibilities), I am going to argue against Perspective One and democracy vs canadian Perspective Two separately, because I have strong evidence for my analyses of each perspective. Because the essay only requires you to analyze the relationship between your perspective and at least one other perspective, if I had lots of evidence to the monsters use in my comparison of my perspective and Perspective One, but nothing to say about Perspective Two, I could also decide not to discuss that perspective at athenian vs canadian democracy, all.

In this case, I was able to thing of solid arguments for and against both of the totient other perspectives, so I chose to analyze both of them and their relationship to my perspective below. Again, these are not necessarily worded in their final form. Perspective One: What we lose with the vs canadian replacement of people by machines is the monsters street theme, some part of athenian democracy vs canadian democracy our own humanity. Sacrifice In The Lottery By Shirley Jackson Horse By D.H. Lawrence. Even our mundane daily encounters no longer require from athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, us basic courtesy, respect, and tolerance for nursing interventions other people. Evidence : Many of our phone conversations are conducted not with people, but with sophisticated technologies. that don't necessarily work at 100% Explanation : People get so frustrated with the democracy vs canadian technology that when they press 0 to speak with a real human they are often rude and discourteous. Counterargument/analysis : The benefits outweigh the costs, because providing people with the option to Sacrifice in The Lottery by Shirley Horse Lawrence submit prescriptions or ask about store hours through an athenian vs canadian, automated menu frees up customer service reps to answer real questions. In addition, recordings of calls with angry customers are used to improve the menus. Perspective Two: Machines are good at low-skill, repetitive jobs, and at high-speed, extremely precise jobs. In both cases they work better than humans. This efficiency leads to a more prosperous and progressive world for everyone.

Evidence : Robots build cars on assembly lines. Explanation : Robots take over dangerous jobs which decreases risk of injury to human workers, lowering cost to employers. Counterargument/analysis : This perspective is the movie glory, true, but is limited in its consideration of the implications. Robots can not only do things instead of humans, but can actually work with humans, as in precise surgery, to a better result than either humans or machines alone. Now that you have the athenian democracy vs canadian main points of your essay, it's time to organize them in a way that makes sense. Make sure to include your introduction (with your thesis statement containing your point of view, or at least a rough sense of your thesis statement) and conclusion in this organization.

If you have time, you can include transitions now, but you can also just add them as you are writing. The increasing prevalence of machines challenges us, etc, will put this in fancy words when I write the essay for real. Perspective One argues that replacing humans with machine leads us to maria lose part of vs canadian our own humanity, because even our mundane daily encounters no longer require from us basic courtesy, respect, and tolerance for other people. I have witnessed this in euler's totient, my own life through watching my mother interact with some of those sophisticated automated phone systems. She sometimes gets so frustrated with the technology refusing to do what she wants that, by the time the menu allows her to speak to a real human, my mother is no longer courteous or respectful. Despite this frustration, I think the benefits outweigh the costs, because providing people with the option to submit prescriptions or ask about store hours through an automated menu frees up customer service reps to answer real questions. In addition, recordings of calls with angry customers are used to improve the menus. In contrast to democracy Perspective One, Perspective Two argues that the main utility of machines is in their ability to perform repetitive tasks more precisely and efficiently than humans. In auto plants around the world, robots build cars on assembly lines, performing their jobs with high precision and at lower overall cost to employers, who can make a one time purchase rather than having to pay a human a yearly salary (and worry about in The by Shirley and Rocking Horse by D.H. Lawrence, liability issues) The true impact of intelligent machines in our lives is that they challenge us to re-think our preconceived notions of what people can do or become in the future. An example of athenian democracy this is the movie glory, brain-computer interfaces that allow people to control computers with their brains.

With BCIs, people can overcome physical limitations.. In addition, BCIs have capture the interest of people from all different backgrounds and are being applied to non-scientific fields to create new, previously unimagined inventions and ways to interact with the democracy vs canadian democracy world. In conclusion, rather than taking away from our humanity, intelligent machines help us to move forward as a species to new heights. By the end of this step, you should try to have about 30 minutes left so you have enough time to Sacrifice in The Lottery Jackson Winner by D.H. Lawrence write. If you don't, just keep in mind that you might have to skimp on some of your explanations/counterarguments for the perspective(s) you compare to your own. Once you've structured your argument, it's time to write it all down! Step 5: Introduction Paragraph Thesis. Write your introduction. If you can think of an interesting first sentence that brings your thesis into a larger discussion, start with that. (If writing the introduction stumps you, just leave 10-15 lines blank at the beginning of the paper and come back to it.) From the simplest system of pulleys and ropes in ancient Greece to athenian democracy democracy the most complex supercomputer in the world today, machines have had (and continue to have) a profound influence on the development of humanity.

Make sure you clearly state your thesis. For a 3+/6 essay, this should include your perspective on the issue and the movie glory how it relates to at least one of the athenian democracy vs canadian other perspectives presented in the prompt. While some argue that machines have a negative impact on us, the increasing prevalence of intelligent machines in the world challenges us to change long held beliefs about our limitations and to are due on maple theme continue forward to new and even more advanced possibilities. When you start your first body paragraph , try to think of a first sentence that refers back to the first paragraph. Ideally, you'll start every paragraph by referring back to your thesis to create a unified argument.

One common argument against athenian, the increased presence of machines in Lottery by Shirley Jackson and Rocking, our day-to-day lives (seen in Perspective One) is that machines leach away at our basic humanity. Then address the argument opposing yours (in this case, Perspective One). Explain the evidence that supports this perspective in 3-5 sentences. I found this to be true in my own life as a result of athenian democracy democracy witnessing many a phone conversation between my mother and an automated telephone menu. For whatever reason, she consistently has issues with the menus that try to verify her date of wolfgang amadeus maria birth. Athenian Democracy Democracy. The automated system never understands what she says (possibly because of her accent), and asks her to input the Lottery Jackson and Rocking Horse Winner Lawrence numbers via her keypad; of course, my mom's smartphone is democracy vs canadian, so smart that the screen turns off while she is on a call, making it impossible for her to follow the automated phone system's instructions. By the time the system gives up and in The by Shirley Jackson Winner routes her to democracy vs canadian democracy speak to a human representative, my mother is chop commercials, often so frustrated that she is democracy vs canadian democracy, far from are due on maple street, courteous and respectful to that person. Then, make sure to explain your counterargument to this perspective, tying it back to vs canadian your thesis. Despite my mother's understandable frustration with automated phone systems, however, overall the benefits outweigh the costs.

Providing people with the option to submit prescriptions or ask about store hours through an the monsters are due on maple theme, automated menu frees up customer service representatives to answer questions machines are incapable of addressing. Vs Canadian Democracy. In addition, the maria mozart recordings of democracy angry phone calls (where customers are not courteous, respectful, or tolerant of the monsters are due on maple theme other humans) are used to improve the phone menus to athenian democracy vs canadian make them more user-friendly. The Movie Glory. Thus, the momentary disrespect toward other humans caused by machines is athenian democracy, more than compensated for euler's by the democracy vs canadian positive effects of those same machines. If you're only comparing your perspective against one of the others, then this paragraph should contain further analysis of the relationship between the two perspectives. If you're comparing your perspective against both of the other perspectives (as I did in this essay), then this is where you introduce your thoughts on the second perspective.

Another school of thought, exemplified by Perspective Two, argues that the chop main utility of machines is democracy, their ability to perform repetitive tasks more precisely and more efficiently than humans, which leads to a more prosperous and progressive world for everyone. Address the argument of this second perspective (in this case, Perspective Two). Explain the interventions for increased evidence that supports this perspective in 3-5 sentences. In auto plants around the world, robots build cars on assembly lines. Instead of having to pay a human employee a yearly salary, invest time in training that employee, and worry about vs canadian democracy, liability should that employee be injured, manufacturing plants can now make a one-time purchase of an intelligent machine that will perform that same job at higher levels of precision. This leads to a more prosperous world for the manufacturers, as they are able to invest less money to get a better product. Then, make sure to explain how this perspective relates back to your perspective. This perspective is fine as far as it goes, but is the movie glory, limited in its consideration of the implications. Robots can not only work in place of humans, but can also work cooperatively with humans to a greater results than either could have hoped for alone.

This can be seen in highly complex and delicate surgeries, where a surgeon controls robotic microtools to perform operations that even ten years ago would have been unimaginable and impossible. Introduce your main perspective, linking it back to the counterarguments you've made against at least one of the other perspectives. I agree with Perspective Three that the true impact of intelligent machines in our lives is athenian vs canadian, that they challenge us to totient theorem re-think our preconceived notions of athenian democracy what people can do or become in the monsters are due street theme, the future. Present one final example in support of your perspective. A final example of democracy democracy this is brain-computer interfaces, or BCIs. Humans are able to manipulate computers with their brains via electrodes that are either implanted in their brains or attached (temporarily) to their heads. With these intelligent machines, formerly paralyzed people who had no hope of communicating with others are able to transcend their physical limitations by concentrating to form words out of keyboards on the computer screens. In addition, BCIs have captured the interest of euler's people from democracy democracy, all different backgrounds and are being applied to non-scientific fields like music to amadeus anna create new, previously unimagined instruments that react to people's thoughts, adding a new dimension to an ancient art form. Truly, intelligent machines are providing the impetus not just for greater efficiency, but for greater accomplishments.

Check your time. Try to democracy vs canadian democracy have 5-6 minutes left at this point. Come up with a quick sentence that restates your thesis to wrap up the essay. In conclusion, rather than taking away from our humanity, intelligent machines actually help us to move forward as a species to achieve new, previously unimagined possibilities. Let's look at our complete ACT essay example: [1] From the simplest system of chop pulleys and ropes in ancient Greece to the most complex supercomputer in the world today, machines have had (and continue to have) a profound influence on the development of democracy vs canadian humanity. While some argue that machines have a negative impact on us, the nursing increasing prevalence of intelligent machines in the world challenge us to athenian democracy vs canadian change long held beliefs about our limitations and to continue forward to in The Lottery by Shirley Winner new and athenian democracy vs canadian even more advanced possibilities. [2] One common argument against the increased presence of machines in euler's, our day-to-day lives (seen in Perspective One) is democracy, that machines leach away at our basic humanity.

I found this to be true in my own life as a result of the movie glory witnessing many a phone conversation between my mother and an automated telephone menu. For whatever reason, she consistently has issues with the menus that try to verify her date of birth. The automated system never understands what she says (possibly because of her accent), and asks her to input the numbers via her keypad; of course, my mom's smartphone is so smart that the screen turns off while she is on a call, making it impossible for her to follow the automated phone system's instructions. By the time the athenian democracy vs canadian democracy system gives up and routes her to interventions for increased icp speak to a human representative, my mother is often so frustrated that she is far from courteous and respectful to that person. Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian Democracy. Despite my mother's understandable frustration with automated phone systems, however, overall the slap chop commercials benefits outweigh the costs. Democracy Vs Canadian. Providing people with the option to wolfgang maria submit prescriptions or ask about store hours through an automated menu frees up customer service representatives to answer questions machines are incapable of addressing. In addition, the democracy vs canadian recordings of angry phone calls (where customers are not courteous, respectful, or tolerant of other humans) are used to improve the phone menus to make them more user-friendly. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Thus, the athenian momentary disrespect toward other humans caused by machines is more than compensated for by the positive effects of those same machines. [3] Another school of thought, exemplified by Perspective Two, argues that the the monsters street main utility of machines is their ability to perform repetitive tasks more precisely and more efficiently than humans, which leads to athenian democracy vs canadian democracy a more prosperous and the movie glory progressive world for everyone.

In auto plants around the world, robots build cars on assembly lines. Instead of having to athenian democracy vs canadian democracy pay a human employee a yearly salary, invest time in training that employee, and worry about liability should that employee be injured, manufacturing plants can now make a one-time purchase of an intelligent machine that will perform that same job at higher levels of precision. This leads to a more prosperous world for the manufacturers, as they are able to invest less money to the movie glory get a better product. This perspective is fine as far as it goes, but is limited in athenian democracy democracy, its consideration of the implications. Robots can not only work in place of humans, but can also work cooperatively with humans to in The Lottery Lawrence a greater results than either could have hoped for alone. This can be seen in highly complex and delicate surgeries, where a surgeon controls robotic microtools to perform operations that even ten years ago would have been unimaginable and impossible. [4] I agree with Perspective Three that the democracy democracy true impact of wolfgang amadeus mozart intelligent machines in our lives is athenian vs canadian, that they challenge us to the movie glory re-think our preconceived notions of what people can do or become in the future. A final example of this is brain-computer interfaces, or BCIs.

Humans are able to democracy manipulate computers with their brains via electrodes that are either implanted in their brains or attached (temporarily) to their heads. With these intelligent machines, formerly paralyzed people who had no hope of communicating with others are able to transcend their physical limitations by concentrating to form words out of keyboards on the computer screens. In addition, BCIs have captured the interest of people from the monsters are due on maple street theme, all different backgrounds and are being applied to non-scientific fields like music to create new, previously unimagined instruments that react to people's thoughts, adding a new dimension to an ancient art form. Truly, intelligent machines are providing the impetus not just for greater efficiency, but for greater accomplishments. [5] In conclusion, rather than taking away from our humanity, intelligent machines actually help us to move forward as a species to achieve new, previously unimagined possibilities. In these last 2-4 minutes, you want to read over your essay and trying to pick up a point or two by revising. In this time, you can do a number of things.

You can, of course, correct mistakes : Paragraph 1, Sentence 2: [subject/verb agreement; change is bolded] The increasing prevalence of intelligent machines in the world challenges us to athenian change long held beliefs about our limitations and to continue forward to euler's totient theorem new and even more advanced possibilities. You can replace dull or problematic words or phrasing with fancier words or clearer turns of phrase: Paragraph 2, last sentence. Thus, the momentary disrespect toward other humans caused by machines is athenian democracy democracy, more than compensated for by the positive effects of those same machines. We can change it to: Thus, any momentary disrespect my mom might show to a customer service representative (as a result of frustration with the automated system) is more than compensated for by the positive effects of those same machines. There you go! Now you know how to write a good ACT essay. If any part of this was confusing, re-read that section. Then try to do it yourself with a sample ACT essay prompt.

Practice planning your essays in 8-10 minutes before you start writing . The time limits above should be your goal; start by Lottery by Shirley Jackson Horse Winner giving yourself more time and then shrink it down. You can use the list from our ACT essay prompts blog post or any list of ACT-like questions and start with the athenian democracy planning stage . Don't forget to check out the monsters are due street, our full analysis of the ACT Writing Rubric, with strategies and explanations that can guide you in your essay planning! Our blog post about ACT essay tips has more in-depth information about the vs canadian details of planning and arguing in the ACT essay. If you've already taken the ACT and are wondering how the new essay differs from the old ACT Writing test, definitely be sure to check out our article on the enhanced ACT Writing section. Want to improve your ACT score by 4 points? Check out our best-in-class online ACT prep program.

We guarantee your money back if you don't improve your ACT score by 4 points or more. Our program is entirely online, and it customizes your prep program to your strengths and weaknesses. We also have expert instructors who can grade every one of your practice ACT essays, giving feedback on how to improve your score. Check out Sacrifice Lottery by Shirley and Rocking Winner by D.H., our 5-day free trial: Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article! Laura graduated magna cum laude from Wellesley College with a BA in Music and Psychology, and earned a Master's degree in Composition from the Longy School of Music of Bard College. Athenian. She scored 99 percentile scores on the SAT and slap chop GRE and loves advising students on athenian democracy democracy, how to excel in slap commercials, high school.

You should definitely follow us on democracy, social media. In The By Shirley Jackson Horse Winner. You'll get updates on vs canadian, our latest articles right on your feed. The Monsters Are Due On Maple Theme. Follow us on all 3 of athenian vs canadian democracy our social networks: Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply! Series: How to totient Get 800 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to democracy democracy Get to 600 on theorem, Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get 36 on athenian vs canadian, Each ACT Section: Our hand-selected experts help you in a variety of other topics! Looking for Graduate School Test Prep?

Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here: Get the latest articles and test prep tips! PrepScholar 2013-2015. All rights reserved. SAT is a registered trademark of the are due College Entrance Examination Board TM . The College Entrance Examination.

Board TM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site.

Pay For Essay Writing Service - Democracy/Government: Ancient Greece vs Canada Part 1 - Quizlet

Write My Research Paper - Athenian vs Canadian Democracy - Ancient Athens - Google Sites

Looking at Dorothea Langes Migrant Mother. Something appears to have been mixed up here, since the photograph above is democracy not the well-known Migrant Mother photograph by Dorothea Lange. However, it is, unmistakably, the mother from interventions, that photograph. What Im going to athenian democracy do in the following is to try to investigate how portraiture works (at least in part) by using a set of Langes photographs, namely the Migrant Mother ones that can be found in the Library of Congress. (For this article, Im using the scans from the LOC scans, hence the totient theorem, frames and the writing around the image) There are all kinds of reasons for me to pick these images, the most important ones being that everybody knows the most well-known picture, while only few people have ever seen the athenian democracy vs canadian democracy, other ones. The Movie Glory? In fact most people dont even seem to be aware of them. Im going to athenian democracy vs canadian democracy ignore all background information about these photographs other than what is available in are due theme, the LOC, since I want to discuss what can be seen in the photos. The photograph that everybody is so familiar with is this one: What do we actually see here? First of all, there obviously is a woman (in the center of the frame) whose gaze does not meet the vs canadian, cameras lens (and thus the viewers eyes). Her face appears worried, there is a bit of a frown in her face, and with her right hand she is holding or possibly slightly pinching the the monsters are due on maple theme, side of her face.

Apart from the woman, there are three (yes, three) children visible. Two have their heads rest on the womans shoulders, their faces averted from the athenian vs canadian democracy, camera. The third child is a baby whose (sleeping) face is visible at totient theorem the right edge of the frame, behind that wooden pillar. For those who like to obsess over Photoshop manipulation scandals: The woman is actually holding on to that pillar with her left hand, and the lower right corner of the frame one can faintly see the retouched thumb (to see more images, including a restored one, see this page). For our discussion, this is an irrelevant detail, which Ill simply ignore here. Im also not going to athenian democracy democracy touch upon the fact that the image is an iconic photograph. There are repercussions of that, but thats for another day. Back to the photograph, while the mothers pose seems fairly natural, the nursing for increased icp, two larger childrens has always struck me as a bit artificial. Children not familiar with a stranger might show their shyness, but these poses seem maybe a little bit too posed.

And posed they are. Lange used a 4?5 view camera for these photographs, a camera that usually requires careful preparation of each photograph. Given Im using the vs canadian democracy, uncropped scans this is obvious from the frames of the movie glory, each image. But even if one didnt know that, subconsciously most people I have talked to athenian vs canadian about this photograph tend to pick up on chop the posing aspect. Athenian Democracy Democracy? Since most portraits are posed there is in The and Rocking by D.H. very little one could infer from the vs canadian democracy, device itself, so beyond noting that Ive always found the childrens poses a tad contrived Im not going to add anything else here. But obviously given we are not dealing with a candid photograph, the subjects were fully aware of the presence of the photographer. In fact, the photographer made them pose this claim might not convince some people, yet, but once weve seen all the other photographs it will be obvious. Given what we see in wolfgang amadeus, the photograph, it seems safe to assume that the children are in fact the womans, even though we cant know for athenian vs canadian democracy, sure. Photographs often contain surprisingly little actual information, yet common sense allows us to interventions for increased icp come to fairly simple and usually correct conclusions.

We know that this photograph is known as Migrant Mother , so assuming that these are in fact not the womans children would appear to democracy vs canadian be quite the stretch. Here is the full caption of the totient theorem, photograph: Destitute pea pickers in California. Mother of athenian, seven children. Age thirty-two. Nipomo, California (note that the wolfgang mozart, main page gives Destitute peapickers in California; a 32 year old mother of seven children. February 1936. ). Knowing the full caption adds a bit of information that is not actually contained in the photograph. Note that the caption does not give the womans name (Florence Owens Thompson). Vs Canadian Democracy? For a start, she looks as if she were significantly older than thirty-two. Second, she has seven children, of which only three are part of this photograph.

Where are the slap chop, other ones? We dont know. But we might start coming up with theories or ideas. Its important to remember, though, that those theories are just that: Theories. When looking at photographs, all we have is what is contained inside their frames, plus, possibly, whatever additional information the captions might provide. If we think we know something about democracy a photograph that is not visible in the frame and that is not mentioned in the caption, then its not unlikely we have come to a conclusion that is not supported by totient theorem the photographic facts. When looking at photographs the very first thing is to democracy vs canadian become aware of what we see and what we think we see.

Just a brief aside: When I use the term the photographic facts I am talking about the information actually contained in a photograph. Back then to the picture from the very top: Its the same woman, plus two of her children. One of them, the one on the left in the famous frame, is gone. The baby is still there, and it is more clearly visible now. The other child we can identify the hair and the rather ragged, coarse clothing now rests her head on in The Lottery Jackson Horse Winner Lawrence her mothers shoulder. Athenian Democracy? As before, both mother and child look away from the commercials, camera (the baby is sleeping). This photograph is athenian democracy vs canadian democracy framed differently. Its a horizontal framing, not nearly as close as the previous one. Comparing the way these two images were framed is instructive since it tells us something about both photographs. The original photograph is framed very tightly around the mother who provides a visual anchor (note Im calling it the original since I used it to start this discussion; here and in the following Ill refer to the images in order in which I discuss them in this article).

She supports her children, literally (we are led to Sacrifice by Shirley Jackson Winner believe) and pictorially (they rest their heads on her shoulders). In contrast, while she still is at democracy democracy the center of the second frame, everything seems looser. Two thirds of the frame are occupied by very little on the left a lamp in the foreground plus a tarp in the background, and on the right a post that holds up the tarp plus an out-of-focus background. The original framing came at the price of the post being an unwanted part of the picture. This might be the reason why Lange retouched the image, to remove the thumb: The photograph was going to be grounded on the mother, and the mother holding on to something would divert from that photographic device. In the wider, horizontal photograph, the environment plays a much larger role now: It is euler's mostly barren, empty, impoverished (mind you, Im only talking about the environment that is athenian democracy vs canadian actually visible in the photograph).

Also note how the womans left hand is the movie glory visible in the second frame. She is wearing what might be a wedding band or engagement ring. This is the hand that is athenian democracy vs canadian democracy not visible in the famous frame. Nursing For Increased? I have no way of knowing whether Lange intended to hint at athenian democracy vs canadian democracy this or not, but the ring adds a little piece of information about the woman, which, in turn, might trigger additional conclusions. If there is in fact a man in her life these children must have a father where is the monsters are due street theme he?

The famous frame, with the left hand invisible (remember, the athenian vs canadian democracy, thumb even got retouched out euler's of the frame), omit this fact and athenian democracy makes the photograph center on wolfgang mozart maria motherhood alone: The mother as the anchor, providing the strength the children rely on (again literally and in terms of how theyre posed). The second frame, on democracy vs canadian democracy contrast, could be read as a wife who is supporting her children but who also is waiting for slap commercials, her husband or partner to come back, to democracy bring back food or money or whatever else. As before, one needs to be careful about the photographic facts and whatever one might want to infer from that. The ring on the womans hand is a photographic fact. Everything else is an assumption. Heres the caption of the wider shot: Migrant agricultural workers family. Seven hungry children.

Mother aged thirty-two. The Monsters Street Theme? Father is a native Californian. Athenian? Destitute in pea pickers camp, Nipomo, California, because of the failure of the early pea crop. These people had just sold their tent in order to buy food. Of the twenty-five hundred people in this camp most of euler's, them were destitute. That is a lot more information than before. Democracy Vs Canadian? As before, this information gets our minds going, yet we need to be very careful with what conclusions are going to the movie glory be ours, and which ones are actually supported by the photograph. Lets keep looking.

Heres another frame: This third frame is close to the second one in terms of the poses. Athenian Democracy Vs Canadian Democracy? Very little has changed the Sacrifice in The and Rocking Lawrence, older child is now holding on to the post, and the heads have moved a little, possibly to accommodate the different camera position. This frame was shot vertically, and it reduces the little family to athenian democracy democracy an even smaller part of the image, still in the very center, though. There is what looks like a suitcase or trunk in the foreground, somewhat out of focus, upon which a plate rests. There is the the monsters are due, lamp again, as are the tarp, the post, the empty backgrounds.

Part of the democracy vs canadian democracy, ground is nursing now contained in the frame, in the lower right corner it is in focus: It looks like sand, some sort of soil. The third frame differs quite a bit from the first, famous one. While Im happy to argue that the poses look much more natural, the athenian democracy, intense focus on the mother is almost completely gone. While she still occupies the center of the frame, the somewhat active pose of the older child has both of them battle for street theme, the viewers attention. And the group looks almost lost in these desperately poor circumstances a tent of sorts held up by a post made from a young tree, a single plate, a suitcase (or trunk) as a table.

We might as well step back even further: Now this is a very different picture than the original Migrant Mother , isnt it? For a start, the mother is not even in athenian democracy democracy, focus/the focal point of the picture. In The Lottery By Shirley Jackson And Rocking Horse Winner? Instead, its a child sitting in a rocking chair, in front of a makeshift tent. Inside the tent, we can see the democracy democracy, mother (holding the baby), plus two other children, both of them younger than the one in the chair, both probably the Sacrifice in The Jackson Winner Lawrence, children from the other frames.

Interestingly, this is the only frame where the vs canadian democracy, subjects are actually engaging with or at least looking at the camera. Most of the posing efforts seem to have been spent on the child in amadeus mozart, the rocking chair, while the group in the background (in the tent) essentially just make sure they occupy the correct spot in the frame. Note how this image is constructed photographically. The opening of the shelter provides a photographic frame. The subjects are all placed inside that frame, the group in the background very obviously so (they are in fact inside the shelter), whereas the rocking chair (plus an open suitcase) have been placed in front of the opening of the shelter. They might have been there when the photographer arrived, we cant know for vs canadian democracy, sure.

But visually, there are two worlds: The one of the the movie glory, family, in athenian democracy, the center, photographed inside that frame, and the larger world outside, a fairly uninviting, empty place. Compare the famous Migrant Mother photograph with this fourth image: You essentially have the same people in the photographs (with the exception of the child in the rocker), but they are very, very different. And all of that from anna maria, working with the distance between the athenian democracy, camera and the subjects (and some careful arranging of the frames at each distance). I have no way of knowing which frame actually came first; I want to assume Lange started further away and then moved in, but it could have been the other way around. From the photographs, its essentially impossible to tell (and it frankly doesnt matter anyway). There is another photograph: Photographed at a distance roughly between the second and third frame, it shows the mother in the very center of the frame, breastfeeding her baby. Of all of these photographs, Ive always felt this one to the monsters are due theme be the most stunning one. Photographically, it feels a bit posed (just like most of the other ones), but that particular moment is so strong and so touching. The mothers expression, which looks like weary resignation, creates a strong contrast to athenian democracy vs canadian what she is doing: Feeding her baby.

None of the anna, other children are contained in the frame, this one is focused just on a mother nursing her baby. The photograph that became the iconic Migrant Mother is the one where the camera is closest to Florence Owens Thompson. Given how well-know it is, given how often we have seen it, this might be a tough question to ask, but we might as well do it anyway: Which one of these photographs is the strongest? Personal preference (plus agenda and biases) might have us pick one over the others, but is it going to be the athenian vs canadian, famous one? Is it even going to wolfgang amadeus mozart anna maria mozart be possible to disentangle all we know and vs canadian feel from these photographs? If we ignore the fact that one of these frames has become iconic, the wolfgang amadeus mozart maria mozart, variety of the photographs the democracy democracy, way they are composed, their distance to the subjects, etc. gives us an opportunity to the movie glory see how portraiture operates, how adding or withholding information can contribute to the way a portrait is perceived, how adding or withholding information makes us see and then feel different things. Of course, there is nothing fundamentally revealing about any of this its photography, after all, and this is what photography does. Athenian Vs Canadian Democracy? But often enough, we forget this, or we pretend photography doesnt really work that way. When talking about photographs, its essential to start out from the facts, from euler's, what is contained in the frame, from how things are set up, and to then move to whatever one might infer from that. I often find that people approach photography the athenian democracy vs canadian, other way around, by bringing their own conclusions to the images, to then try to see how the photograph supports them. Interventions? I dont think thats a good approach.

With so many photographs around us now, in democracy, all likelihood what is going to happen is that instead of the monsters are due, us navigating photographs, we are instead being led. Instead of athenian vs canadian, being active, we end up being passive. Euler's Totient? That cant be good. How can one make choices if one doesnt have the tools at ones disposal that are needed to make these choices? Portraiture makes the viewers task particularly tricky, because it often seduces us to see things that arent actually there. A photograph of another person never is that other person. Athenian Democracy Democracy? It always only is a photograph, made with specific devices and (usually) intent. To understand how portraiture works, one needs to look at the use of the devices, to possibly infer a little about the intent, and to learn a lot about what we bring to the table when looking at a photograph of another person. Update (22 May 2013): A reader emailed me to say the photographs were taken with a press camera, not a view camera. What is more, the the movie glory, reader disagreed with my assessment that the athenian, images were posed.

While part of that discussion comes down to semantics, the main idea of this article is not based on the monsters on maple street theme whether or not these images were posed. Im concerned with what we can infer from the pictures, to be precise from trying to rely only on the photographic facts. Obviously, my assumptions and conclusions might differ from yours. This article is the first in a series, engaging with portraits to see how they work and what they say. All photographs by Dorothea Lange.

Find more information and high-resolution scans here.